Location/Market: Las Vegas, NV
Station Call Letters: KINC-TV, KELV-TV
Media Type: Television
Job Type: Full Time
Job Title: Anchor/Producer
Primary responsibilities include:
- Participates on daily editorial meeting and pitches story ideas and showcasing of daily stories.
- Writes in Spanish a clean and clear copy that uses graphics and pictures to tell stories.
- Does in-house pkgs. and re-track stories when needed.
- Anchors 6pm and or 11pm live newscasts and news briefs on a daily basis.
- Selects content and write stories, teases and headlines for assigned shows.
- Works with others anchor/producer to craft "anchor moments" throughout the newscasts.
- Engages viewers daily on talent Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Works with and guides reporters in story production. Also assigns coverage (live, as-live).
- Communicates, coordinates and executes creative vision with team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors, and production staff.
- Participates in community events and represent those appearances on social media.
- Responsible for updating station’s website; coordinating web content with digital reporter.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Journalism degree preferred.
- Previous reporting / anchoring and producing experience required.
- Suitable on-air delivery required.
- Must be able to work Holidays
- Must work hours necessary to perform duties as outlined
- If not a citizen of USA, must have permanent work permit
- Please provide with web links of demos.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Job Title: News Director
Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC) one of the fastest growing Hispanic multi-media companies seeks a News Director for our Las Vegas, Nevada television station.
- Coordinate Local News Operations with Executive Vice President of News
- Interview and hire staff for news department
- Supervise / Schedule news personnel
- Coordinate news department activities with other departments
- Lead editorial process
- Ensure news content meets standards of good taste and journalistic ethics
- Prepare operating and capital budgets for department and administer them
- Report to the Executive Vice President of News and Senior Vice President
- Work hours necessary to perform duties
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Have sound news judgment
- Understand and know how to perform all phases of news operation
- Understand importance of social-media and how it relates to news
- Excellent people skills
- TV news experience required
- Excellent organization and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in high pressure, fast paced environment
- Able to lead, plan, coach and motivate news staff
- News Management experience preferred
- Journalism Degree preferred
The News Director’s performance will be reviewed by the Executive Vice President of News and Senior Vice President.
Interested candidates should send resume and salary history to Luisa Collins - email@example.com
para más información en otros mercados